Wednesday 22 August 2012

Creating a Typing game from Scratch!

I just finished putting together what will be my first programming assignment for my grade eights this year. Now that they have a bit of programming experience behind them it will be fun to take a look at more sophisticated programs. I had fun putting together a typing game focussing on the home row keys that is easily adaptable. After putting it all together I scaled it back to the bare bones and put together a "kit" for the students so that they can adapt it and make it their own. It should be a good review for the students but also have enough support to help out any newbies who may be new to the class. the only totally new concept will be lists, but I'm hoping that their extensive use of variables last year in grade seven will have paved the way and it won't cause them too much trouble. I'm looking forward to seeing what they put together.

Here is a snapshot of my game. Click on the link to play the game online.



If you are interested in trying out the kit I created for the students your self, send me an email and I'll send it your way!

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I was very interested in your project. Would you send it to me. I'm from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would also like to send you the full tutorial on how you created this game or any track to create a game like this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, just send me an email at tcalder@sd52.bc.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, can you send me too how did u create the game? Plzzzzzzzzzzzz
    to this email (enoraddin@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete